THE original Rock n Roll Themed American style Sushi restaurant!
WE ARE NOW HIRING FOR OUR NEXT LOCATION IN CYPRESS
The sushi chef’s responsibilities include preparing traditional Japanese sushi rice, chopping, slicing, and filleting various kinds of fish, and placing orders for supplies as needed. You should also be able to customize customers’ orders according to preferences and food allergy considerations.
Do you have prior sushi restaurant and/or culinary experience? Do you have considerable knowledge of the methods and practices of sushi preparation and service? Do you have a passion for food and the restaurant business? If so, we’d like to meet you! Our kitchen is very hands on, with a fast-paced culture that is fun and energetic. Rock n Roll Sushi offers a great opportunity to grow your hospitality career with a successful and exciting organization. While experience is preferred, it not required.
- Expertly cutting, slicing, and filleting different types of fish.
- Inspecting the quality of fruits, vegetables, and fish used to prepare sushi dishes and informing the Manager on Duty when quality is sub-standard.
- Preparing various types of sushi dishes according to established guidelines on quality, portion size, presentation, and food safety.
- Maintaining a clean work environment in order to prevent food contamination.
- Reporting any problems with kitchen equipment to the manager on duty.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and supplies weighing 50 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Communicating with wait staff to ensure that special requests and food allergy considerations are met.
- Works with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment typical of a restaurant kitchen, including, but not limited to flattop grill, oven, mixer, food processor, dicer, and steam wells.
- Hours will vary and may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and/or holidays
Skills and Qualifications
- Positive attitude
- Prior cooking experience preferred
- Ability to read and follow a recipe
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently to turn out meals rapidly
- Personal cleanliness
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, often working on several orders at the same time
- Understanding of safety practices and correct set up, operation, break down and cleaning of all equipme
What we offer:
- Top Tier pay based on experience
- Comprehensive Training Program
- FREE Meals While Working
- Balanced, Flexible Schedules
- NO Late Nights
- Casual Dress
- Fun, Upbeat Environment
- Paid time off program
- Growth opportunities to advance into management